Saturday, July 17, 2010

... a little random

Dude's Jobs

I woke up this morning with some really funny thoughts in my head, really i was laughing the minute i woke up thinking about this post.

I spent the whole night thinking about dirty jobs. No, not the television show. Dirty jobs that get done in each family.

Like, for instance, eating all the burned rice or slightly overcooked cookies to not hurt any feelings. Now, who is it that does all these things? Of course, it’s the dudes in the household. The dads.

And that got me to start thinking about other jobs we dudes get to add to our resumé.

1. Frog patrol. For some reason, right behind cockroaches and spiders, frogs are the worst enemy of most ladies of the house. I mean the girls see one of these and it's superman to the rescue really. Have you ever been watching TV and all of a sudden you hear a yell from the kitchen that sounds like someone is dying? You sprint from the couch and in record time make it to where your lady is to save her, only to find out that it was just a frog. And i don't mean 5 inches long bullfrogs, i mean tiny little critters that quite frankly i find kind of cute... (weird I know)

2. Unclogging toilets. Do I really have to go into this one?

3. Finding out why the garbage disposal won’t work. I know about this one. I’ve spilled gallons of water under the sink while unhooking pipes and searching for clogs. And what is the result of all this diligent effort? Appallingly smelly, jellied brown goop. Sorry. Need to move on. Bad memories lead to bad flashbacks. Don’t need that now.

4. Changing light bulbs. What? They’ve never heard of standing on a chair to reach something higher than they are? Apparently not.

5. Taking out the garbage. Which, fortunately I will only have to worry about for a few years now, after all that's why I'm having my little dudette. Soon all I will have to do is supervise, walk along behind and clean up any mess and generally make sure things are done to a minimal level of acceptable.

6. Cleaning up after the dog. Well i don't really need to worry about this one, but I'm pretty sure that it's part of a dude's duty. And they should really invent an appliance for this one (Well I'm sure there already is, but since i don't have to worry about it I wouldn't know).

That’s all for me. What are your ideas? What dirty jobs do we dudes get stuck with, just because we’re dudes?

No comments:

Post a Comment